Manager, Government, School and Community Relations
The Government Partnerships Manager will lead Teach for India’s Advocacy initiatives with the Government towards a sustainable systemic impact in the region by taking Teach for India’s existing strong association with the Government of Telangana to greater heights. As an ambassador to the Government, the role involves working closely with, but not limited to, representatives across levels from the Government in the city and state, other organizations in the region including NGOs, corporates, academic/research institutions in policy etc. The role will also manage the School & Community Impact Associate to develop and execute the school and community impact strategy for Hyderabad site.
By the academic year 2018-19, the Hyderabad City Operations will be in its seventh year of operations. We will have around 21 Staff and 130 Alumni. Teach For India, Hyderabad currently has 128 Fellows in 46 schools directly impacting 110 classrooms. The team works towards furthering Teach For India’s short-term theory of change by getting committed individuals to dedicate 2 years to help us achieve our vision of “One Day all children will attain an excellent education”. The team also works towards creating committed and connected stakeholders to further Teach For India’s mission of building a movement of leaders to eliminate educational inequity.
Responsibilities for manager post:
The responsibilities given below are an indicative list of opportunities that one can explore through this role, and is not exhaustive of the scope of this unique, dynamic role.
- Creating a vision for Government Partnerships at Teach For India Hyderabad, and driving this vision along with the School & Community Relations lead in the city.
- Building and strengthening critical relationships with key stakeholders in the local Government, local Governing bodies and other political & community leaders towards the vision of Teach For India Hyderabad.
- Leading key meetings with external organizations & non-profits to expand Teach For India Hyderabad’s network in the region.
- Leading the creation of opportunities for systemic impact through internship/career opportunities in the government for our Fellows and Alumni, special projects to work with representatives of the government to share work with other schools in the city and region.
School and Community Relations:
- Managing the School and Community Relations portfolio towards maximising School & Community Impact in the city along with the portfolio lead in the city.
- Through partnering with the School and Community Relations lead, to design and organize regular interactions with school/government stakeholders, through cluster meetings and School Leaders Conferences.
- Co-creating leads on the expansion and placement strategy for Teach for India Hyderabad based on location and demographic priorities of the region.
- Support in planning and organizing city events like summits, mid-year retreats.
- Support in Recruitment, Selection, Matriculation based on interest and skills.
- Support at the Training Institute based on interest and skills.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Understanding the education landscape of the Hyderabad city.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical (data/evidence gathering, analysis and interpretation, hypotheses framing and validation) and research (primary and secondary) capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Google Office Apps as well as Microsoft Office.
Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to set a strong vision and rally the team towards achieving this vision
- Strong influencing, motivating and relationship building skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information (quantitative and qualitative) towards effective decision making.
Values and Mindsets to be a manager
- Result-driven and outcome focused-approach
- Adaptable and flexible in working style, comfortable with ambiguity
- Building meaningful relations and investing others
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism with respect to Teach For India policies
Education and Experience required for manager post
- Bachelor’s degree (Graduate Degree in policy/education/management desirable, not essential).
- Minimum 3 years work experience managing complex teams and projects to excellent outcomes at scale.
- Prior experience working across public-private and civil society sectors preferred.
Working knowledge of the local language Telugu (Read, Write & Speak) preferred.
for more updates please follow us